Sound employs a multidisciplinary team of chemical dependency professionals and mental health professionals, including social workers, counselors, marriage and family therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, nurses and peer leaders.
All are state registered, licensed and/or certified.
Our clinical team represents a diverse array of specialties:
- Mental Health Professionals
- Chemical Dependency Professionals
- Early Childhood, Child, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric Specialists
- BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) Specialists
- Sexual Minority Specialists
- Deafness/Hard of Hearing Specialists
- Developmental Disabilities Specialists
- Vocational Counseling Professionals
Medical services are provided by Board-certified adult, adolescent and geriatric psychiatrists; psychiatric nurse practitioners; and physician assistants.
Sound holds these credentials, your assurance of quality care.
- State licensed mental health provider, operating continuously since 1967
- State certified chemical dependency provider
- Contracted and certified vendor for the King County Mental Health Plan (KCMHP)
- Contracted and certified vendor for the King County Chemical Dependency Treatment Services
- Approved and/or preferred provider for Medicare and health/managed care plans
- United Way partner agency since 1998
- Accreditation of Behavioral Health Services by national accrediting bodies since 1999. CARF 3 year accreditation awarded in 2008.
- State certified and contracted as a Department of Vocational Rehabilitation vendor
- State licensed and contracted as a child placing agency and foster care provider