To strengthen our community and improve the lives of our clients by delivering excellent health and human services tailored to meet their needs.
To provide effective and innovative whole health care for the people and community we serve.
Who We Are
Founded in 1966, Sound is one of King County’s most comprehensive providers of quality mental health and addiction treatment services, supporting our area’s most vulnerable populations. A central tenet of our work is Reaching Recovery, an evidence-based clinical care model.
What We Do
Our award-winning and innovative programs help our clients reach lives of recovery, reconnect with their families and re-engage with their communities. As a health care organization, we work with primary care and other partners to support the holistic well-being of our clients.
Respect for the uniqueness and cultural differences of each individual.
Excellence in the quality of our services.
Sustainability through good stewardship of our resources.
Partnering with clients, organizations, and agencies.
Encourage healthy life choices.
Commitment to our standard of excellence.
Teamwork and collaboration both internally and externally.
Sound employs a multidisciplinary team of chemical dependency professionals and mental health professionals, including social workers, counselors, marriage and family therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, nurses and peer leaders.
All are state registered, licensed and/or certified.
Our clinical team represents a diverse array of specialties:
- Mental Health Professionals
- Chemical Dependency Professionals
- Early Childhood, Child, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric Specialists
- BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) specialists
- Sexual Minority Specialists
- Deafness/Hard of Hearing Specialists
- Developmental Disabilities Specialists
- Vocational Counseling Professionals
- Medical services are provided by Board-certified adult, adolescent and geriatric psychiatrists; psychiatric nurse practitioners; and physician assistants.
Sound holds these credentials, your assurance of quality care.
- State licensed mental health provider, operating continuously since 1967
- State certified chemical dependency provider
- Contracted and certified vendor for the King County Mental Health Plan (KCMHP)
- Contracted and certified vendor for the King County
- Chemical Dependency Treatment Services
- Approved and/or preferred provider for Medicare and health/managed care plans
- United Way partner agency since 1998
- Accreditation of Behavioral Health Services by national accrediting bodies since 1999. CARF 3 year accreditation awarded in 2008.
- State certified and contracted as a Department of
- Vocational Rehabilitation vendor
- State licensed and contracted as a child-placing agency and foster care provider