To strengthen our community and improve the lives of our clients by delivering excellent health and human services tailored to meet their needs.
A healthy and safe community that actively promotes recovery and positive lifestyles for people challenged by mental illness and substance abuse.
- Respect for the uniqueness and cultural differences of each individual.
- Excellence in the quality of our services.
- Sustainability through good stewardship of our resources.
- Partnering with clients, organizations, and agencies.
- Encourage healthy life choices.
- Commitment to our standard of excellence.
- Teamwork and collaboration both internally and externally.
Who We Are & What We Do
Founded in 1966, Sound is a tax-exempt organization and licensed behavioral health provider, operating continuously since 1967. We now provide services to more than 19,000 children, men and women each year. These services range from short term support to complex, substance use disorders, family and mental health programs.
Sound’s diverse programs include: housing services; military and veteran’s programs; criminal justice and re-entry services; employment programs; substance use disorder treatment, developmentally disabled services; middle school support programs; grief and loss counseling; therapeutic and foster care services, individual, group and family counseling and much more.