Full time positions, with full time benefits (Seattle).The SUD position requires a skilled CDP/T to work with our outpatient adult team. We are looking for a dynamic group leader that excels in ASAM assessments, has excellent documentation skills, and has a strong understanding of co-occurring disorders and trauma informed care. The SUD Clinician is required to work with other departments and staff within SMH, as well as with outside agencies. The SUD Clinician receives supervision from the program manager.
- Provide intake evaluations per ASAM (American Society of Addiction Medicine); individual and group therapy to client and families.
- Provide direct supervision of trainees, students, and volunteers as assigned.
- Assist with updating the clinical manual.
- Coordinate assignments concerning intake assessment, individual counseling, group sessions, and educational programs.
- Identify and assess client problems from various frames of reference.
- Develop and implement recovery plans, per ASAM criteria.
- Identify training needs of chemical dependency trainees and recommend a plan.
- Organize curriculum program and content.
- Prepare necessary written reports, summaries and progress notes as dictated by agency policy to be part of clinical records.
- Provide all required case management services, including admission, continued stay, and discharge plans.
- Maintain a minimum of a 65% productivity level.
- Perform collateral liaison duties with other community agencies related to individual clinical cases.
- Maintain inter-agency collaboration.
- Develop working relationships with potential referral sources.
- Maintain professional standards and follow the treatment policies of the agency, and of federal, state, and local regulations.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Understand, apply and demonstrate recovery concepts in behavioral health.
- It is essential that the applicant have skill, experience and knowledge of adult treatment of substance use disorders, including treatment services, community services and counseling techniques
- This individual will have a sincere interest in helping adults with substance use disorders and will maintain a professional attitude as demonstrated by respect for clients and their rights, and with regard to other professionals
- Chemical Dependency Professional (CDP) Certification or Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee (CDPT) Certification and minimum BA/BS degree required.
- Preferred candidate will have CDP Certification and Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in therapeutic counseling field, nursing or special education.
- Requires a minimum of two years’ clinical experience as a counselor or case manager with individuals, families and groups. A minimum of one year of experience as a SUD Clinician is preferred
- Knowledge of and experience implementing the Patient Placement Criteria – 2 of ASAM is highly desirable.
- No drug or alcohol misuse for at least two years prior to employment, and no misuse while employed
- A valid Washington State Chemical Dependency Professional Certification or Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee Certification is required and must be maintained.
- Must be able to obtain a WA State Agency Affiliated Counselor credential within the first 30 days of hire.
- Must have WA state driver’s license and insurable driving record as well as reliable transportation.
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound Mental Health, Attn: Alexis Owens, Job #18-033, 6400 Southcenter Blvd, Tukwila WA, 98188, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to