Full time position, with full time benefits (Seattle). Sound is implementing Reaching Recovery – an innovative, game-changing model to better meet the needs of the community and the people we serve. We’re searching for people who want to improve lives and be part of the exciting changes we’re making in the future. A SUD Clinician is responsible for providing diagnostic evaluation and treatment recommendations for clients applying for SUD treatment and for Criminal Justice referrals; will carry a caseload of SUD treatment clients as assigned; will conduct group therapy sessions as assigned. The individual in this position will be required to work with other departments and staff within SMH, as well as with outside agencies. The Chief Clinical Officer maintains responsibility for coordinating supervision of all clinical staff.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time team members including Medical & Dental Insurance: Premium 100% paid by Sound for team-member coverage and child until the child’s 26th birthday, 401K, 3 weeks of Vacation, 11 Paid Holidays, and Life Insurance.
- Provide SUD assessments, individual and group therapy to clients and families.
- Identify and assess client problems from various frames of reference.
- Develop and implement treatment plans per ASAM PPC -2.
- Prepare necessary written reports, summaries and progress notes as dictated by agency policy to be part of clinical records.
- Provide all required case management services.
- Perform collateral liaison duties with other community agencies as they relate to individual clinical cases.
- Maintain inter-agency collaboration.
- Develop working relationships with potential referral sources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand recovery concepts in behavioral health.
- Apply recovery concepts, as appropriate to my work at SMH.
- Synthesize and demonstrate recovery concepts in my work at SMH.
- A Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Substance Use Disorders, therapeutic counseling field, nursing or special education is required.
- A minimum of two years clinical experience as a counselor or case manager with individuals, families and groups.
- A minimum of one year experience as a Substance Use Disorders clinician preferred.
- No drug or alcohol misuse for at least two years prior to employment, and no misuse while employed.
- Ability to work well under supervision is required.
- Knowledge of health care systems, including Substance Use Disorders and community mental health systems and resources within King County is highly desirable.
- A willingness to work some early evening hours is necessary. Ability to work well independently is necessary.
- Mental Health Professional status preferred and State Certification as a Chemical Dependency Professional or a Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee required
- Must be able to obtain a WA State Agency Affiliated Counselor credential within the first 60 days of hire.
- Must have WA state driver’s license and insurable driving record as well as reliable transportation.
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound, Attn: Alexis Owens, Job #18-043, 6400 Southcenter Blvd, Tukwila WA, 98188, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to