Full time positions, with full time benefits (Varies Locations). The Coordinator – Facilities is responsible for the overall coordination of maintenance and repair activities for the organization, functioning in all regions (such as Metro, East or South). Assist the Facilities Manager in daily operations, completion of work orders and projects, coordinate maintenance work assignments and outsource janitorial services as directed when required. Coordinate preventive maintenance tasks and out-source services related to facilities. Ensure the safety of the maintenance activities and maintenance areas of Sound Mental Health facilities while practicing accepted safety standards set forth by State of Washington Department of Labor and Industries. This position has supervisory aspects in addition to staff duties and requires skills related to all maintenance activities, equipment and operations.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time team members including Medical & Dental Insurance: Premium 100% paid by Sound for team-member coverage and child until the child’s 26th birthday, 401K, 3 weeks of Vacation, 11 Paid Holidays, and Life Insurance
- Ensure all SMH and related properties leased and owned are maintained at or above organizational standards while adhering to all federal, state, county and city ordinances codes and safety regulations/requirements.
- Coordinate and execute preventive maintenance and repair to facilities in all divisions as required.
- Assist and coordinate maintenance staff activities as directed by Facilities Manager as needed.
- Control tool inventory and supplies on work sites.
- Ensure purchases transacted by Facilities Department are accounted for and used as intended for agency improvement or repair at all work sites.
- Conduct routine inspections of property as directed by Facilities Manager.
- Ensure quality control measures are observed and adhered to at all work sites.
- Assist Facilities Manager in providing equipment and supplies for maintenance and operations.
- Coordinate and execute work orders and activities appropriately to ensure program functions are not disrupted/interrupted by maintenance staff activities whenever possible.
- Report all staff discipline issues to the Facilities Manager if necessary or when there is an issue relating to work performance including issues disruptive to team performance.
- Perform other tasks and assignments as directed by Facilities Manager.
- Perform on call duties and emergency assistance after hours on a rotating basis if needed.
- Understand recovery concepts in behavioral health and participate in training when required.
- Apply recovery concepts as appropriate.
- Participate in all required Relias courses as applicable to Facilities Department.
- This position has supervisory aspects in addition to staff duties, which require the Coordinator to work with the facilities maintenance team in all areas of building maintenance and facilities projects.
- This position does not include or require staff discipline actions.
- Staff discipline is the responsibility of the Facilities Manager and Senior Management.
- The Coordinator – Facilities should possess good working knowledge of construction, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, painting and plumbing skills, general safety – life/safety systems and practices related to facilities maintenance/operations.
- Working knowledge in operations of building equipment, systems and tools is required.
- This position must possess strong communication and leadership skills to enable/coordinate facilities activities and projects scheduling.
- Demonstrate the ability to ensure effective work prioritization, work projects/tasks coordination and outsource contracts monitoring whenever necessary or as directed by Facilities Manager.
- Ability to apply effective team building skills is required.
- Ability to apply strong customer service skills and function effectively under stressful working conditions.
- Ability to communicate well with all staff and customers, tenants and program participants while ensuring the success of the facilities team in their daily work schedules.
- At times this position can be stressful and the ability to function under stressful conditions is mandatory.
- High school graduate/GED, and at least 5 to 10 years’ experience in facilities maintenance and housing restoration is required. Three years supervisory or lead experience preferred.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must have WA state driver’s license and insurable driving record as well as reliable transportation.
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound, Attn: Alexis Owens, Job #18-078, 6400 Southcenter Blvd, Tukwila WA 98122, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to