Part time position with part time benefits (Redmond). The Cook prepares meals at one or more residential sites (Chartley House, Avondale & Stillwater) under the guidance of the Kitchen Supervisor. This is an hourly (non-exempt) position; incumbent is eligible for overtime compensation.
- Prepares and serves nutritionally balanced meals twice per day for consumers and staff, following health and safety regulations.
- Prepares food and supplies food service support to remote sites for consumers and staff, following safety and health regulations.
- Monitors food portions.
- Follows recipe cards to prepare meals, increasing or decreasing quantities as necessary.
- Prepares special menus based on consumer medical needs as directed by Head Cook.
- Prepares food for special company events as directed by Head Cook.
- Cleans kitchen as necessary during the work day.
- Works with consumers in a rehabilitative mode in the absence of Head Cook.
- Participates in staff meetings, individual supervision and assigned committees, as required.
- Participates in at least 24 hours of continuing education on an annual basis.
- Maintains ethical and competent consumer and peer relationships in the delivery of service.
- Complies with all applicable federal, state and county laws and regulations, and SMH policies and procedures.
- Performs all job duties in accordance with OSHA and company-designated safety and health regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understand recovery concepts in behavioral health
- Apply recovery concepts, as appropriate to my work at SMH
- Synthesize and demonstrate recovery concepts in my work at SMH
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work with individuals with a mental disability.
- Requires basic food service skills (frying, braising, baking, etc.).
- Requires ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible to change.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Demonstrate initiative and be willing to learn new skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Prefer one year experience as a cook in an institutional setting.
- Food Handlers permit, or ability to obtain a permit within 30 days of employment required.
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound Mental Health, Attn: Alexis Owens, Job #18-004, 6400 Southcenter Blvd. Tukwila, WA 98188, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to