Full time position, with full time benefits (Tukwila). Sound is implementing Reaching Recovery – an innovative, game-changing model to better meet the needs of the community and the people we serve. We’re searching for people who want to improve lives and be part of the exciting changes we’re making in the future. The ECS Mental Health Clinician is responsible for providing crisis services, clinical services and consultation for Sound Mental Health ECS clients. Provides phone and outreach intervention, assessments, case management, therapy and crisis planning for clients. Provide consultation and behavioral support for ECS residential providers.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time team members including Medical & Dental Insurance: Premium 100% paid by Sound for team-member coverage and child until the child’s 26th birthday, 401K, 3 weeks of Vacation, 11 Paid Holidays, and Life Insurance.
- Provide phone and outreach crisis assessment and intervention.
- Act as consultant and liaison with other care providers to coordinate services for clients.
- Respond to subpoenas that may results from affidavits.
- Provide case management/therapeutic services to clients.
- Conduct trainings and provide consultations as related to serving ECS clients in the community.
- Provide documentation of services and activities.
- Complete all documentation in timely manner.
- Maintain working relationships with community and government agencies, other professionals, family members of clients and significant others.
- Attend consultations, supervision, and trainings as designated by program manager.
- Maintain ethical and competent client and peer relationships in the delivery of service.
- Relate to others in a professional manner, respectful of individual and cultural differences.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and county laws and regulations, Sound policies and procedures and all safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Understand recovery concepts in behavioral health.
- Apply recovery concepts, as appropriate to my work at Sound.
- Synthesize and demonstrate recovery concepts in my work at Sound.
Ability to work well independently and within a team is necessary. Knowledge of community mental health systems and resources within King County is highly desirable. In addition, skill and experience in working in the following:
- a wide range of emotional, medical and behavioral problems in adults and older adults;
- providing treatment services to the adult and older adult chronically mentally ill population;
- clinical assessment and treatment;
- crisis assessment, crisis care, and acute crisis intervention;
- communicating and working effectively with collateral agencies and the emergency systems;
- psychiatric hospitalization of both voluntary and involuntary adult and child clients;
- providing mental health and crisis services to culturally and ethnically diverse populations;
- Requires master’s degree in therapeutic counseling field or social work
- 2 years experience, to include clinical experience as a psychotherapist or case manager, working with emotionally disturbed and chronically mentally ill clients.
- Requires Mental Health Professional status.
- Experience with medical issues as related to the geriatric population and crisis experience is essential. MSW and/or Geriatric Mental Health Specialist (GMHS) designation preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a WA State Agency Affiliated Counselor credential within the first 30 days of hire.
- Must have WA state driver’s license and insurable driving record as well as reliable transportation.
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound, Attn: Alexis Owens, Job #18 – 204, 6400 Southcenter Blvd, Tukwila WA, 98188, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to