Full time position, with full time benefits (Bellevue). Provides various administrative and clinical duties in support of the medical team members. Works directly with psychiatrists, nurse practitioners and physician assistants. Tasks include taking vitals, handling pharmacy calls, preparing consumers for meetings with medical team members, and offering ongoing support to the medical team members as needed.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time team members including Medical & Dental Insurance: Premium 100% paid by Sound for team-member coverage and child until the child’s 26th birthday, 401K, 3 weeks of Vacation, 11 Paid Holidays, and Life Insurance.
- Provide assistance in preparing consumers for consultations with medical team members.
- Take vitals of consumers.
- Provide instructions on the use of medications, home care and general health information as directed by medical team members.
- Handle pharmacy/prescription calls, following up as required to ensure accurate and ongoing care.
- Demonstrate ability to handle equipment appropriately, cleanly and safely.
- Be responsible for collection and maintenance of data, providing clear and timely documentation.
- Provide liaison between main desk and medical team members to ensure timely and orderly flow of consumers.
- Adhere to consumer processes and procedures based on best practices.
- Maintain worksite areas, ensuring they are clean and well supplied.
- Demonstrate a commitment to collaboratively working with medical team members on meeting clinical goals and measures.
- Comply with HIPAA/Confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, vision, and core values of Sound, including the ability to integrate values of respect, compassion, excellence and stewardship.
- Attend and participate in medical team member meetings, as required.
- Maintain all clinical records in accordance with agency policy.
- Perform all other functions as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Understand, apply, synthesize and demonstrate recovery concepts in behavioral health.
- Strong commitment to working with individuals with a mental illness/personal care need.
- Ability to interview clients and take vital signs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work as a team member.
- Ability to learn new tasks and skills quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to manage crises with professionalism.
- Compliance with all applicable federal, state and county laws and regulations, Sound policies and procedures and all safety regulations.
- Performance of job duties in accordance with OSHA and company-designated safety regulations.
- Performance of other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- AA/AS in Behavioral Sciences preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in human services or with special needs population required, if educational level is high school or GED. No experience required if educational level is AA or above.
- Must be able to obtain a WA State Medical Assistant-Registered credential within the first 60 days of hire.
- Individuals currently possessing a WA State Nursing Assistant-Certified, Nursing Assistant-Registered or Medical Assistant-Certified credential are preferred and will meet the requirement for a WA credential.
- Must pass a criminal background check. Must have WA state driver’s license and insurable driving record as well as reliable transportation
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound Mental Health, Attn: Alexis Owens, 6400 Southcenter Blvd Tukwila, WA 98188 or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to Recruitment@Sound.Health