The Kitchen Aide assists the Cook and/or Kitchen Supervisor in meal preparation and serving, and washes dishes at one or more residential sites (Auburn) under the guidance of the Cook or Kitchen Supervisor. This is an hourly (non-exempt) position; incumbent is eligible for overtime compensation.
- Set up tray car, dessert and beverages for meal service.
- Wash dishes following meal service at residential facility, following health and safety regulations.
- Clean kitchen and dining room as necessary during the workday.
- Clean kitchen and dining room floors following meal service.
- Provide back up for Cook for vacation and sick coverage.
- Maintain cleanliness of dry food storage area.
- Participate in staff meetings, individual supervision and assigned committees, as required.
- Participate in at least 24 hours of continuing education on an annual basis.
- Maintain ethical and competent consumer and peer relationships in the delivery of service.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and county laws and regulations, and Sound policies and procedures.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with OSHA and company-designated safety and health regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand recovery concepts in behavioral health
- Apply recovery concepts, as appropriate to my work at Sound
- Synthesize and demonstrate recovery concepts in my work at Sound
- Work with individuals with a mental disability.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible to change.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Show initiative and be willing to learn new skills.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, and
- Six months of food service experience (to include cooking) in an institutional setting preferred.
- Food Handlers permit, or ability to obtain a permit within 30 days of employment required.
Salary = DOQ.
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound Mental Health, Attn: Alexis Owens, Job #18-215, 6400 Southcenter Blvd, Tukwila, WA 98188 or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to