Full Time position, with Full Time benefits (Bellevue). Sound is implementing Reaching Recovery – an innovative, game-changing model to better meet the needs of the community and the people we serve. We’re searching for people who want to improve lives and be part of the exciting changes we’re making in the future. The Crisis Mental Health Specialist is responsible for providing crisis services and consultation for Sound Mental Health clients and other contracted agencies. Provides phone, onsite and community intervention on an as-needed basis. As part of the Crisis Services team, provides crisis intervention services to clients including risk assessments, emotional support, resource referrals and safety planning.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time team members including Medical & Dental Insurance: Premium 100% paid by Sound for team-member coverage and child until the child’s 26th birthday, 401K, 3 weeks of Vacation, 11 Paid Holidays, and Life Insurance.
- Provide phone and onsite crisis assessment and intervention.
- Provide risk and crisis assessments to local ER’s or community facilities as needed.
- Provide after-hours coverage and support as needed.
- Act as consultant and liaison with other care providers to coordinate services for clients.
- Respond to subpoenas that may result from affidavits.
- Provide documentation of services and activities.
- Complete all documentation in timely manner.
- Maintain working relationships with community and government agencies, other professionals, family members of clients and significant others.
- Attend consultations, supervision, and trainings as designated by program manager.
- Maintain ethical and competent client and colleague relationships in the delivery of service.
- Relate to others in a professional manner, respectful of individual and cultural differences.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and county laws and regulations, SMH policies and procedures and all safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Understand, apply and demonstrate recovery concepts in behavioral health.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team is necessary. Knowledge of community mental health systems and resources within King County is highly desirable. In addition, skill and experience with the following are preferred:
- familiarity with a wide range of emotional and behavioral problems in children and adults;
- treatment services provided to the adult chronically mentally ill population;
- clinical assessment and treatment;
- crisis assessment, crisis care, and acute crisis intervention;
- effective communication in working with collateral agencies and the emergency systems;
- psychiatric hospitalization of both voluntary and involuntary adult and child clients;
- mental health and crisis services provided to culturally and ethnically populations.
- Master’s degree in a therapeutic field and 2 years of clinical experience working with individuals with mental illness or substance use disorders preferred. Must have experience providing crisis intervention services. Bachelor’s degree in a therapeutic field considered with at least 2 years of experience in crisis intervention
- Must be able to obtain a WA State Agency Affiliated Counselor credential within the first 30 days of hire.
- Must have WA state driver’s license and insurable driving record as well as reliable transportation. As this position is community-based, must have own vehicle, WA state driver’s license and insurable driving record
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound Mental Health, Attn: Alexis Owens, 6400 Southcenter Blvd, Tukwila WA, 98188, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to