Full Time position with full time benefits (Tukwila). The Clinician works with adult clients who have a mental illness/chemical dependency and assists them in becoming as independent as possible in the community. The clients are involved in multiple systems and through the provision of a full range of case management services, supportive housing and service coordination, the Clinician/Case Manager assists clients in setting and attaining short and long term goals. The Clinician/Case Manager also serves as a resource for, and provides leadership to, other team members. There must be good communication with the criminal justice system in working with their clients.
- Provide a full range of case management services to adult clients, to include:
- assessing level of functioning;
- developing (and updating) comprehensive, insightful treatment plans with long and short term goals based on level of functioning, outcome measures and client needs;
- coordinating care with all facets of SMH;
- teaching problem-solving, goal-setting, social skills, communication skills, money management and accessing community resources;
- providing counseling, individual treatment services and family involvement as necessary;
- providing crisis intervention services as necessary;
- assisting clients to remain stable in the community, thereby reducing the use of hospitals or involuntary treatment services;
- inquiring about medication regimes and treatment compliance;
- determining and authorizing service level and service package per treatment plan for each client; and
- monitoring utilization of services and the success of outcome measures.
- Advocate for clients, coordinate and refer for services with other community agencies.
- Maintain working relationships with community and government agencies, other professionals, family members of clients and significant others.
- Complete all documentation in timely manner.
- Meet agency productivity standards.
- Handle client grievances and implement the client grievance procedure on behalf of the client.
- Perform MHP reviews of documentation on a regular basis when required by Program Manager.
- Assist Program Coordinator with training of other staff, as necessary.
- May perform some responsibilities of the Program Manager when required.
- Participate in staff meetings, individual supervision and assigned committees, as required.
- Provide supervision of interns, students and volunteers as necessary.
- Participate in continuing education on an annual basis.
- Provide consultation/education services to other organizations as appropriate.
- Maintain ethical and competent client and peer relationships in the delivery of service.
- Relate to others in a professional manner, respectful of individual and cultural differences.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and county laws and regulations, SMH policies and procedures and all safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Understand recovery concepts in behavioral health
- Apply recovery concepts, as appropriate to my work at SMH
- Synthesize and demonstrate recovery concepts in my work at SMH
- Expertise with Co-Occurring disorders and Forensic background is a necessary part of the job; individuals who do not have this experience upon hire will be trained.
- Understanding of case management approaches to provide services to a chronic population.
- Good working knowledge of community and social service resources. Familiarity with state and local mental health delivery systems, including knowledge of various funding principles and clinical service mandates.
- Capacity to appreciate and work well with severely disturbed individuals.
- Good diagnostic assessment skills.
- Working knowledge of Mental Health Courts, Jail systems and Offender dynamics essential.
- A Master’s degree in a therapeutic counseling field, nursing, or special education, with a strong emphasis in working with adults, families and community agencies is required.
- A minimum of two years clinical experience as a clinician or case manager and demonstrated skills in clinical assessment and treatment
- MHP status required.
- Direct clinical experience with minority and low‑income individuals and families is required.
- Must be able to obtain a WA State Agency Affiliated Counselor credential within the first 30 days of hire.
- Must have WA state driver’s license and insurable driving record as well as reliable transportation.
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound Mental Health, Attn: Alexis Owens, 6400 Southcenter Blvd, Tukwila WA, 98188, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org