One full time position, both with full time benefits (Tukwila or Bellevue). Sound is implementing Reaching Recovery – an innovative, game-changing model to better meet the needs of the community and the people we serve. We’re searching for people who want to improve lives and be part of the exciting changes we’re making in the future. The Clinical Intake Specialist (CIS) will be responsible for providing clinical intakes/assessments for new Sound’s clients agency-wide. CIS will provide an average of 15 assessments per week for a variety of programs throughout the agency. CIS must be able to provide clinical intake assessments for both children and adults.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time team members including Medical & Dental Insurance: Premium 100% paid by Sound for team-member coverage and child until the child’s 26th birthday, 401K, 3 weeks of Vacation, 11 Paid Holidays, and Life Insurance.
- Clinical diagnostic assessments of new clients, including risk assessment as needed.
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records according to agency policy.
- Maintain ethical and competent client and peer relationships in the delivery of service.
- Relate to others in a professional manner, respectful of individual and cultural differences.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and county laws and regulations, SMH policies and procedures, and all safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Understand recovery concepts in behavioral health.
- Apply recovery concepts as appropriate to my work at Sound.
- Synthesize and demonstrate recovery concepts in my work at Sound.
- Experience performing clinical assessments including diagnosis.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications and operations.
- Ability to complete 2-4 assessments per day in Avatar database.
- Clinical experience with adults and children.
- Ability to collaborate with others in delivery of client care.
- Master’s degree in a therapeutic counseling field, nursing or special education, with a strong emphasis in working directly with adults, children and community agencies is required, plus two years’ experience as a psychotherapist or case manager with adults and/or children.
- Must qualify to be a Mental Health Professional (MHP) in Washington State.
- Must be able to obtain a Washington State Agency Affiliated Counselor or higher credential within the first 30 days of hire.
- A valid Washington State Chemical Dependency Professional (CDP) or Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee (CDPT) certification preferred.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound, or Alexis Owens, Job #18-331, 6400 Southcenter Blvd, Tukwila WA, 98188, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to