Part time position with part time benefits (Bellevue). This position is a professional level position intended to provide psychiatric services in our agency through the prescribing and monitoring of medications, evaluation of psychiatric status, and consultation to non-medical staff. This is primarily a clinical position and incumbents will spend the majority of their time seeing patients, with the same productivity standards and same scheduling guidelines as physicians. Although knowledge of psychosocial issues in the treatment of all patients is desirable, the emphasis in this position is in the biomedical and medicolegal areas.
This position requires a substantial level of independence and clinical leadership. The NP will do initial psychiatric evaluations as well as follow up on cases that have been seen by a staff physician. The position is supervised by the Chief Medical Officer.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all Part-time team members including Medical & Dental Insurance: Premium 75%-88% paid by Sound for team-member coverage and child until the child’s 26th birthday, 401K, 3 weeks of Vacation (pro-rated for part – time), 11 Paid Holidays (pro-rated for part – time), and Life Insurance
- Independently evaluate patients for the purpose of determining a differential, psychiatric diagnosis and biopsychosocial case formulation.
- Assess patients for psychiatric/psychotropic medication necessity.
- Prescribe the psychiatric or psychotropic medications, which are within his/her licensing purview.
- Coordinate with program manager in assigned programs to facilitate integration of medical issues with overall treatment planning
- Screen patients for concurrent non-psychiatric medical conditions and refer for appropriate care.
- Order all appropriate laboratory tests to determine a differential diagnosis and assure safe prescription of medications.
- Assess for medication side effects and treat when appropriate, following guidelines set by accepted professional standards and any other applicable standards of care.
- Consult with the treatment teams or other agency and non-agency providers on issues related to an individual patient’s treatment and overall treatment planning. Liaison with primary care physicians and their staff.
- Attend and participate in medical staff meetings, as required.
- Obtain supervision, consultation or guidance by an agency psychiatrist or the medical director in cases as needed.
- Maintain clinical records in accordance with agency policy.
- Perform other functions, e.g. teaching, supervision of nursing staff and students, inter- and interagency committee responsibilities, as assigned. These responsibilities may include provision of group staff consultations without the presence of a staff psychiatrist.
- Understand recovery concepts in behavioral health.
- Apply recovery concepts, as appropriate to clinical work at Sound.
- Synthesize and demonstrate recovery concepts in clinical work at Sound.
- Previous experience prescribing psychotropic medications is desirable, especially within a community mental health setting.
- If the position is to work with children, then child ARNP certification is necessary or adult certification with child prescribing experience and intent to be certified in child.
- If the position is mainly to work with adults or older adults, then adult ARNP certification is required, with corresponding experience desirable.
- This individual should be comfortable being supervised by physicians and functioning collaboratively with other team members.
- Requires a current nursing license in the State of Washington, a current license to prescribe medicine in the State of Washington,
- Current license as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner in Washington State and applicable DEA for WA State.
- The ability to be reimbursed for services by Medicare and Medicaid is required.
- At least 2 years previous experience prescribing psychotropic medications desired, preferably in community mental health setting.
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound, Attn: Alexis Owens, 6400 Southcenter Blvd, Tukwila WA 98188, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to Recruitment@Sound.Health