We are seeking an Adult Psychiatrist or ARNP to work full time (40 hours/week) with part time benefits (Auburn). The incumbent will receive administrative supervision from the manager of each program to which the incumbent is assigned. The position will be supervised by the Senior Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and/or the Chief Medical Officer.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time team members including Medical & Dental Insurance: Premium 100% paid by Sound for team-member coverage and child until the child’s 26th birthday, 401K, 3 weeks of Vacation, 11 Paid Holidays, and Life Insurance.
- Perform comprehensive evaluations of assigned patients for the purpose of determining a differential, psychiatric diagnosis and biopsychosocial case formulation.
- Direction and/or participation in the treatment process for all patients under his/her care.
- Assess patients for psychiatric/psychotropic medication necessity.
- Prescribe psychotropic medication related to psychiatric concerns.
- Order all appropriate laboratory tests to assist in determining a differential diagnosis and to monitor the safety of prescribed medications.
- Consult with other internal and external providers on a shared patient’s treatment and treatment plan.
- Review for appropriateness and sign or assist in determining alternatives to all internal agency and external documents that require physician signature and pertain to patient treatment and welfare.
- Attend and participate in medical staff meetings, as required.
- Maintain all clinical records in accordance with agency policy.
- Perform all other functions as assigned by the Senior Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and/or Chief Medical Officer.
- Understand recovery concepts in behavioral health.
- Psychiatrists should be well versed and updated in psychopharmacology
- An understanding of a broad spectrum of psychotherapeutic models would be advantageous, particularly those associated with short-term, or solution focused approaches.
- Skill in working with multidisciplinary teams is also desirable.
- Must have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree.
- Completion of accredited psychiatry residency and child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship.
- Submit and maintain a current Medical Practice License for Washington State and applicable DEA for WA State
- The ability to be reimbursed for services by Medicare and Medicaid is required.
- WDL, insurable driving record and reliable transportation necessary
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound, Attn: Alexis Owens, Job #18-205, 1600 E. Olive St., Seattle, WA 98122, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to