Full Time positions, with full time benefits (Seattle). Sound is implementing Reaching Recovery – an innovative, game-changing model to better meet the needs of the community and the people we serve. We’re searching for people who want to improve lives and be part of the exciting changes we’re making in the future. This position represents the entry point for new clients, and includes both clinical and financial access to care. The Admission Service Representative will be a part of a multidisciplinary team providing screening, checking benefits, and providing referral resources when appropriate. The individual in this position will be active in requesting and obtaining clinical care authorization where required, and for some contracts will provide guidance and consultation as needed. The individual must have strong organizational and clinical skills.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time team members including Medical & Dental Insurance: Premium 100% paid by Sound for team-member coverage and child until the child’s 26th birthday, 401K, 3 weeks of Vacation, 11 Paid Holidays, and Life Insurance.
- Provide and document phone and clinical screening, including lethality assessment, seeking clinical supervision as needed.
- Verify eligibility for care and services.
- Advise potential clients regarding current Medicaid and Medicare procedures, and explain agency funding requirements.
- Provide clinical care authorization function for selected contracts, advise potential clients regarding their benefits, and explain agency funding requirements when needed.
- Evaluate potential client’s need for services; and through application of medical necessity and level of care criteria, determine most clinically appropriate program to deliver the care/services.
- Schedule assessment appointments, and handle phone calls regarding SMH programs.
- Provide crisis intervention services or linkage to same.
- Provide linkage with internal and external agency programs to coordinate assessment needs and assessor schedules to include same day, NDA, and double booking intakes.
- Track potential consumers internally to either assessment, outside referral, or other satisfactory disposition.
- Participate in staff meetings, individual supervision and assigned committees, as required.
- Participate in continuing education on an annual basis.
- Maintain ethical and competent client and peer relationships in the delivery of service.
- Relate to others in a professional manner, respectful of individual and cultural differences.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and county laws and regulations, Sound policies and procedures and all safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Understand recovery concepts in behavioral health.
- Apply recovery concepts, as appropriate to my work at Sound.
- Synthesize and demonstrate recovery concepts in my work at Sound.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Professional confidence and clinical knowledge, including assessment of lethality/risk and chemical dependency.
- Ability to gather and document client clinical and financial information professionally and within a limited time frame.
- Demonstrated good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with public and private funding mechanisms and managed care practices.
- Ability to manage high risk situations and respond with effective crisis intervention skills.
- Dependability and consistency in provision of clinical services and paperwork completion with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills. Comfort relating to consumers and the general public.
- Must be adept in use of Excel, Word, Access or similar database to basic level, Internet and email.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Psychology, or related field and 2 years relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain a WA State Agency Affiliated Counselor credential within the first 30 days of hire.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must have WA state driver’s license and insurable driving record as well as reliable transportation.
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound, Alexis Owens, 6400 Southcenter Blvd. Tukwila, WA 98188, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to