On Call (Auburn). The Long-Term Care and Mental Health Technician for ALF/DOH participates in a multi-disciplinary team to provide intensive rehabilitation services for mental health and personal care in the residential treatment facility for consumers who have a mental/medical illness. Through the provision of a full range of residential care services and service coordination (including assistance with daily living skills, personal care, accessing community resources, psychiatric treatment and medication management, housing, transportation, financial management, socialization and employment), the Long-Term Care and Mental Health Technician assists consumers in setting and attaining short and long term goals.
- Provide residential care services including:
- assist consumers in acquiring independent living skills and addressing personal care needs, to include assisting consumers with maintaining environmental and personal hygiene (assist with bathing, pericare and changing clothes);
- teach problem-solving, goal-setting, social skills and communication skills;
- provide discharge planning services, matching the consumer with community resources;
- provide crisis intervention services, as necessary, utilizing skills in verbal de-escalation and management of assaultive behavior;
- Advocate for consumers with community agencies and professionals, including heath care providers, case managers and the criminal justice system.
- Maintain working relationships with community and government agencies, other professionals, family members of consumers and significant others.
- Complete all documentation as required by WACs and company guidelines in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- AA/AS in Behavioral Sciences preferred. No experience required if educational level is AA or above.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in human services or with special needs population required, if educational level is high school or GED.
- Must possess current Nursing Assistant Certification or current Home Care Aide Certification credential with Washington State.
- Must be able to obtain a WA State Agency Affiliated Counselor credential within the first 30 days of hire.
- Must be willing to complete First Aid/CPR training.
- Must obtain a Washington State Food Worker’s Card/Permit within 14 days of hire.
- WDL, insurable driving record and reliable transportation necessary
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound Attn: Alexis Owens, Job #18-002, 6400 Southcenter Blvd, Tukwila WA 98188 or fax to (206) 901-2006, or e-mail to