We are seeking a Medical Doctors to work Full Time with full time benefits in the following areas (Auburn). This position are a professional level position intended to provide primary care medical services at Sound. Sound offers an opportunity to serve a broad population base across the life spectrum; diagnosing and treating illness, injuries and providing wellness exams. This is primarily a clinical position and incumbents will spend the majority of their time seeing patients, with the same productivity standards and same scheduling guidelines as physicians. Although knowledge of biopsychosocial issues and holistic care in the treatment of all patients is desirable, the emphasis in this position is in the biomedical and medicolegal areas. This provider will be an integral member of a multidisciplinary team addressing whole person, person centered care.
This position requires a substantial level of independence and clinical leadership. The MD will do initial medical evaluations as well as follow up on cases that have been seen by other staff providers. The position is supervised by the Chief Medical Officer.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time team members including Medical & Dental Insurance: Premium 100% paid by Sound for team-member coverage and child until the child’s 26th birthday, 401K, 3 weeks of Vacation, 11 Paid Holidays, and Life Insurance
- Independently evaluate patients for the purpose of determining a differential, medical diagnosis and biopsychosocial case formulation.
- Assess patients for acute care needs and general wellness.
- Prescribe medications, which are within his/her licensing purview.
- Coordinate with clients’ care team(s) to facilitate integration of medical issues with overall treatment planning
- Screen patients for concurrent non-psychiatric medical conditions and provide appropriate care and, or referral(s).
- Order all appropriate laboratory tests to determine a differential diagnosis and assure safe prescription of medications.
- Assess for medication side effects and treat when appropriate, following guidelines set by accepted professional standards and any other applicable standards of care.
- Consult with the treatment teams or other agency and non-agency providers on issues related to an individual patient’s treatment and overall treatment planning. Liaison with behavioral health providers and care team members.
- Attend and participate in medical staff meetings, as required.
- Obtain supervision, consultation or guidance by an agency psychiatrist or the medical director in cases as needed.
- Maintain clinical records in accordance with agency policy.
- Perform other functions, e.g. teaching, supervision of nursing staff and students, inter- and interagency committee responsibilities, as assigned. These responsibilities may include provision of group staff consultations without the presence of a staff psychiatrist.
- Understand recovery concepts in behavioral health.
- Apply recovery concepts, as appropriate to clinical work at Sound.
- Synthesize and demonstrate recovery concepts in clinical work at Sound.
- Previous experience independently diagnosing, treating and prescribing for medical conditions is desirable, especially across the lifespan.
- This individual should be comfortable being supervised by physicians and functioning collaboratively with other team members.
- The ability to work as an integrated member of an interdisciplinary team addressing holistic care across domains.
- Master’s degree in nursing
- At least 2 years previous experience as an ARNP, preferably in acute care, or behavioral health setting.
- Current license as a Medical Doctor in Washington State and applicable DEA for WA State
- Understanding of all federal and state regulations including HIPAA and OSHA.
- Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner preferred.
- Buprenorphine waiver preferred or willingness to complete within 90 days of hire.
- The ability to be reimbursed for services by Medicare and Medicaid is required. Certified in CPR/BLS.
- TB and Hep B titers required.
- WDL, insurable driving record and reliable transportation necessary
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound, Attn: Alexis Owens, Job #18-194 (Auburn), 1600 E. Olive St., Seattle, WA 98122, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to