Full time position, with full time benefits (Tukwila). The Janitorial Maintenance Supervisor assists the Operations team with janitorial maintenance and cleaning activities for the organization’s facilities and offices while learning related procedures and broadening skills. The Janitorial Maintenance Supervisor will participate in daily operations and management of work orders and projects, including ongoing and preventive janitorial maintenance tasks. Performs all job duties under the supervision of the Operations Manager, and in accordance with OSHA and company-designated safety and health regulations.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time team members including Medical & Dental Insurance: Premium 100% paid by Sound for team-member coverage and child until the child’s 26th birthday, 401K, 3 weeks of Vacation, 11 Paid Holidays, and Life Insurance.
Supervises and performs a variety of routine cleaning and custodial maintenance duties.
- Plan, schedule, assign, and evaluate work of janitorial staff.
- Create and monitor staff task lists for all sites.
- Train assigned staff.
- Issue verbal reprimands and recommend disciplinary action as necessary.
- Inspect buildings and grounds to ensure clean and safe conditions.
- Evaluate the need for minor PM measures.
- Schedule and supervise special projects.
- Suggest improvements to process, while being a knowledge resource for other team members.
- Assist with the annual budget preparation.
- Investigate complaints about janitorial service.
- Order supplies, maintain records, and prepare reports as directed.
- Supervise the cleaning and maintenance of buildings/facilities.
- Investigate and respond to janitorial complaints from other team members
- Directly supervises employees in Janitorial Services. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Supervisory responsibilities include supervision, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Familiarity with general janitorial maintenance concepts and skills, including proper use of janitorial chemicals and equipment to include but not limited to vacuums, carpet cleaning equipment, hard surface cleaning equipment.
- Demonstrated strong safety record, with working knowledge of safety regulations and procedures, including the use and execution of lock out tag out procedures.
- Ability to increase maintenance skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet stringent deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication and personal interaction skills, with an emphasis on customer service and support.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with team members at all levels, clients, and vendors, and with varying educational, ethnic, professional and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to manage multiple duties and priorities, and maintain high quality standards.
- Ability to function as a member of a team, leading within the scope of the position and contributing whenever possible.
- High school diploma or equivalent; vocational training in one or more areas of janitorial maintenance preferred.
- At least one year of janitorial maintenance experience preferred.
- Washington driver’s license and insurable driving record required.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound, Alexis Owens, Job #18-221, 6400 Southcenter Blvd, Tukwila WA, 98188, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to Alexis.Owens@Sound.Health