The Nursing Supervisor (Assistant DNS) is responsible for clinical and administrative supervision of Nursing Services agency-wide. He/She is responsible for program development, contract adherence, and assisting with budgeting.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time team members including Medical & Dental Insurance: Premium 100% paid by Sound for team-member coverage and child until the child’s 26th birthday, 401K, 3 weeks of Vacation, 11 Paid Holidays, and Life Insurance.
- Responsible for the overall management and administration of the program, including assisting with budget and program development.
- Hire, train and supervise licensed nursing staff. Develop and maintain a nursing team able to provide effective medical treatment to clients in program.
- Partners with external nursing agencies, coordinates and supervises work of licensed agency nurses.
- Trains clinical mental health staff in areas of medication assistance and orientation.
- Provide ongoing clinical and administrative supervision to nursing staff. Monitor and evaluate their performance.
- Ensure delivery of quality clinical work in various programs. Oversee nursing treatment planning to insure services result in the accomplishment of identified outcomes for clients receiving medications.
- Ensure quality of care of all nursing sites and medication room setups.
- Provide clinical and administrative oversight to all nursing assessments and medical treatment plans.
- Ensure appropriate and timely disposition of all clients appropriate for outpatient level of care.
- Develop an on-call system for nursing staff.
- Maintain responsibility for timely completion of paperwork and adherence to and compliance with agency and WAC, DSHS, DOH, County, HCS and contract behavioral health guidelines.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working agreements with other agencies and systems, in providing nursing care.
- Work closely with pharmacies providing services to clients.
- Oversee all nursing services agency-wide; provide supervision, training, consultation to nursing staff.
- Manage infection control and medication services.
- Provide direct services and respond to crises as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand recovery concepts in behavioral health
- Apply recovery concepts, as appropriate to my work at SMH
- Synthesize and demonstrate recovery concepts in my work at SMH
Directly supervises employees in program. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include clinical supervision, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
RN with 5 years experience in direct service and supervision.
Must have knowledge and training in designated program area, supervision and administration.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
A valid Washington State RN license required.
Must have a valid Washington State driver’s license with insurable driving record.
Must pass a criminal background check.
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound Attn: Alexis Owens, Job #18-090B, 6400 Southcenter Blvd, Tukwila WA 98188 or fax to (206) 901-2006, or e-mail to