Full time position, with full time benefits (Tukwila). Providing housing search, comprehensive housing case management and housing stabilization services to families who are homeless, mentally ill, substance abusing or chemically dependent and multi-system involved.
Comprehensive case management for this program includes a full range of referral services and service coordination. The Clinician/Case Manager assists clients in setting and attaining short and long term goals. The Clinician/Case Manager also serves as a resource for, and provides leadership to, other team members.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time team members including Medical & Dental Insurance: Premium 100% paid by Sound for team-member coverage and child until the child’s 26th birthday, 401K, 3 weeks of Vacation, 11 Paid Holidays, and Life Insurance.
- Provide a bridge between the systems and the families from the point of referral through acquiring permanent housing.
- Provide a full range of case management services to adult clients and children as appropriate, to include:
- assessing level of functioning
- developing (and updating) comprehensive, insightful assessment with short term goals based on level of functioning, outcome measures and client needs
- coordinating care with all facets of Sound and other agencies as needed
- teaching self-advocacy and independence
- providing crisis intervention services as necessary
- assisting clients to remain stable in the community, thereby reducing the use of hospitals or involuntary treatment services
- assisting with medication regimes and treatment compliance
- assist in determining treatment needs and facilitating connections to providers
- Advocate for clients, coordinate and refer for services with other community agencies
- Maintain working relationships with community and government agencies, other professionals, family members of clients and significant others
- Complete all documentation in timely manner
- Meet agency productivity standards
- Handle client grievances and implement the client grievance procedure on behalf of the client
- Perform MHP reviews of documentation when required by Program Manager
- Assist with training of other staff, as directed
- Participate in staff meetings, individual supervision and assigned committees, as required
- Participate in continuing education on an ongoing basis
- Provide consultation/education services to other organizations as appropriate
- Maintain ethical and competent client and peer relationships in the delivery of service
- Relate to others in a professional manner, respectful of individual and cultural differences
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and county laws and regulations, Sound’s policies and procedures and all safety regulations
- Perform other duties as needed and/or assigned
- Understand recovery concepts in behavioral health and chemical dependency as it pertains to the individual and the family system
- Synthesize and demonstrate recovery concepts in my work at Sound.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Skill and experience in working with a wide range of emotional and behavioral problems in adults and children; recognizing signs and symptoms of chemical dependency in individuals; communicating effectively with collateral agencies having contact with the individual or family; and the ability to refer clients to the appropriate services which will best fit their needs.
- Ability to work well independently is essential.
- Knowledge of community mental health systems and resources within King County is highly desirable.
- Because of the nature of the target population, experience with ethnic/cultural diversity is preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a therapeutic counseling field or related degree in combination with experience may be considered.
- This along with a strong emphasis in working with families and community agencies is required.
- A minimum of two years clinical experience as a clinician or case manager and demonstrated skills in clinical assessment and treatment.
- Direct clinical experience with homeless and low-income families with diverse backgrounds is preferred.
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound, Alexis Owens, 6400 Southcenter Blvd. Tukwila, WA 98188, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to