Addiction is a Disease – Addiction Treatment Services are available at Sound
Nearly 21 million Americans experience addiction issues but only 10 percent of them receive treatment, a fact that Lisa Rogers, Sound’s Director of Substance Use Disorder Services, wants to change.
“Americans between the ages of 18 and 25 are most likely to use addictive drugs,” she explains. “Fentanyl and other drugs are now killing more King County residents each week than Covid-19, according to Seattle and King County Public Health.”
While Sound has offered addiction treatment services for years, the increased need for addiction treatment, in part due to the pandemic, resulted in an increased effort by the organization to engage those who need the services. Sound recognizes the need to meet people where they are at and has programs and services that are designed to help them, at any stage of their journey, to find the road to recovery.
Medicaid is welcome here!
Sound is one of King County’s largest behavioral health providers specializing in integrated care that incorporates mental health, medication and primary care treatment. And we accept Medicaid and Medicare!
With more than five decades of integrated behavioral health experience, we use a comprehensive, evidence-based approach to deliver quality, effective care for alcohol and drug addiction. With comprehensive and integrated programs designed to treat the entire person, Sound helps individuals—from those with acute mental health issues, intellectual and developmental disabilities and addiction issues, to those with short term challenges, depression and anxiety disorders.
“People living with mental health issues are more at risk for drug use and addiction than other populations,” Rogers reports. “In the U.S., 1 in 5 people will experience a mental health issue in the course of a year, often complicated by addiction issues, as well.”
Sound’s diverse team includes social workers, counselors, addiction treatment professionals, psychiatrists, psychologists and nurses, all of whom are licensed and/or certified.
Sound is here to help!
Our services include outpatient care, inpatient referral with aftercare and Medically Assisted Treatment (MAT) services. Our clinicians teach skills for emotional regulation, relapse prevention, healthy self-care and a path to abstinence, through both groups and individual sessions.
- Assessment, treatment and discharge planning made in accordance with ASAM criteria
- Intensive Outpatient and outpatient groups
- Therapy, groups and individual counseling that support strengthening brain, body and mind connections
- Motivational enhancement and trauma informed care
- Matrix curriculum, specializing in stimulant use disorder
- Inpatient referral services with aftercare
- Integrated co-occurring disorder treatment, including evidence-based practices: CBT, DBT, MRT
- Specialized support for legally involved clients. NO DUI treatment
- Referral to primary care, onsite pharmacy, housing services, mental health services and employment services
- Suboxone for opiate cessation (does not require treatment enrollment)
Sound has multiple convenient locations throughout King County and we offer both in-person services as well as telehealth and group services. Walk-in hours are available at our Capitol Hill and Lake City locations.
For more information about Sound’s Addiction Treatment Services, visit https://www.sound.health/addiction-treatment-services/ or contact Lisa Rogers at email@example.com to learn more.